Following the announcement of a new national lockdown, I wanted to update all Oakray Clients, Staff and Supply Chain Partners on what the tighter restrictions mean for our business, the services we are able to continue to offer and the part we must now all play in helping to reduce the spread of this new rapid strain.
Since the start of this pandemic Oakray has adopted extra measures to keep everyone safe and support our service delivery. As restrictions tighten, the safety of our colleagues and the customers we continue to serve is more important than ever, and because of this we are making some temporary changes to some of the services we are able to offer.
From Monday 11th January until the end of February we will be prioritising our support on essential and emergency services ensuring that properties remain safe. If we have commenced planned works, we will ensure that these are completed whilst adhering to the necessary safety guidelines. All regulatory compliance works, including Landlords Gas Safety Checks will continue to be carried out as an essential service.
Our key worker engineer colleagues are not able to work from home so we will continue to support them as best we can by regularly reviewing the safety guidance provided in line with customer requirements.
We have had commitments from our key supplier networks that their businesses remain open and ready to support us through this national lockdown period and we thank them for their ongoing assistance.
To continue protecting our customers and colleagues as much as can, we have put in place protective safety measures, including:
• Staff will sanitise their hands before entering a customer’s property
• Staff will wear face masks (unless they are medically exempt from doing so)
• Staff wear disposable gloves at all times whilst in a customer’s property
• Staff will maintain social distancing ensuring they keep at least two metres away from customer’s and customer representatives at all times.
• Obtain information from Customers who are in self-isolation or who have tested positive ahead of every booked appointment or emergency repair.
• Staff will wear enhanced PPE where required to protect the most vulnerable in our communities
• Staff will ensure that before we attend their property we are fully equipped when we arrive to carry out works on site.
• Continue to provide remote working solutions to our team where we can As always, we will continue to carefully monitor the situation and remain committed to keeping everyone safe and well.
Thank you for your ongoing support.